Terms & Conditions
Select the plan below to view the applicable Terms & Conditions.
USA Terms & Conditions
- 1) 5 Year Power Plan - Residential and Commercial Standby Generators (PDF)
- 2) 7 Year Power Plan - Residential and Commercial Standby Generators (PDF)
- 3) 10 Year Power Plan - Residential and Commercial Standby Generators (PDF)
- 4) 5 Year Power Plan - Portable Generators Below 7500W (PDF)
- 5) 5 Year Power Plan - Portable Generators 7500W+ (PDF)
- 6) 5 Year Power Plan - Power Washers (PDF)
Canada Terms & Conditions
- 1) 10 Year Power Plan - CANADA - Residential and Commercial Standby Generators (PDF)
- 2) 7 Year Power Plan - CANADA - Residential and Commercial Standby Generators (PDF)
Generac Power Systems, Inc. 7 Year (7C) Limited Warranty Extension for Residential and Commercial Standby Generators
Generac Power Systems, Inc. ("Generac") and purchaser hereby amend ("Amendment") the term of the original warranty for the generator ("Original Warranty") from the term stated in the Original Warranty to a term of seven (7) years or two-thousand (2,000) hours, whichever occurs first, in either case beginning on the original date of successful start-up and/or on-line activation of the generator ("Term Extension"). If purchaser's Original Warranty has already expired, this Amendment revives the Original Warranty and replaces its term with the Term Extension. This Amendment also amends warranty coverage in the Original Warranty to the coverage listed below for the duration of the Term Extension ("Coverage Extension"). The Coverage Extension shall not retroactively apply to cover any warranty work performed before the date of this Amendment. The warranty for the generator, as modified by this Amendment, is stated below in full (the "Amended Warranty").
For the period of warranty noted below, which begins (or began, whichever applicable) upon the successful start-up and/or on-line activation of the generator, Generac warrants that the generator is free from defects in material and workmanship for the items and periods set forth below. Generac will repair or replace, at its discretion, any part(s) which, upon evaluation, inspection, and testing by Generac or an Independent Authorized Service Dealer (IASD), is/are found to be defective. Any part(s) the purchaser claims to be defective must be evaluated by the nearest Independent Authorized Service Dealer. Emissions components are excluded from coverage under this warranty. Emissions warranty coverage is detailed in a separate emissions warranty.
Warranty Coverage: Warranty coverage period is for seven (7) years or two-thousand (2,000) hours, whichever occurs first, in either case beginning on the original date of successful start-up and/or on-line activation of the generator.
- The generator must be registered and proof of purchase available.
- Any and all warranty repairs and/or concerns must be performed and/or addressed by an IASD, or branch thereof. Repairs or diag- nostics performed by individuals other than an IASD, not autho- rized in writing by Generac, will not be covered.
- Warranty is transferable between ownership of original installation site only.
- Generac may choose to repair, replace, or refund the purchase price of the generator in its sole discretion.
- Damage to any covered part(s) or consequential damages caused by use of a non-Generac part will not be covered by the warranty.
- Warranty only applies to permanently wired and mounted generators.
- Proof of performance of all required maintenance must be available.
- Steel enclosures are warranted against corrosion for the first year of ownership only. Damage caused after receipt of generator is the responsibility of the purchaser and is not covered by this war- ranty. Nicks, scrapes, dents, or scratches to painted enclosure should be repaired promptly by owner. Corrosion of any enclosure caused at any time by location in a harsh or saltwater environment is not covered.
- Travel allowance is limited to 160 kilometres maximum and three (3) hours maximum (per occurrence, whichever is less) round trip from the nearest IASD. Any additional travel required will not be covered.
- Original equipment manufacturers ("OEMs") may offer a separate warranty on engines, driven components, and fuel tanks used in Generac's standby power products system (the "OEM Warran- ties"), unless otherwise expressly stated. OEM Warranties are in addition to this warranty. All warranty claims for defects in OEM components of Generac products may be directed through the OEM distributor/dealer network. OEM Warranties may vary and are subject to change. Generac shall have no liability under OEM warranties.
The following will NOT be covered by this warranty:
- Costs of normal maintenance (i.e. tune-ups, associated part(s), adjustments, loose/leaking clamps, installation, and start-up).
- Damage to generator and/or transfer switch system caused by accidents, shipping, handling, or incorrect storage.
- Damage/failures caused by operation with incorrect/contaminated fuels, speeds, loads, or installations other than what's recom- mended or specified by Generac. Unauthorized modification/misapplication will not be covered by this warranty.
- Rental equipment used while warranty repairs are being performed and/or any extraordinary equipment used for removal and/or re-installation of generator (i.e. cranes, hoists, lifts, etc.).
- Travel costs for planes, ferries, railroad, buses, helicopters, snow- mobiles, snow-cats, off-road vehicles, or any other mode of transport deemed not standard by Generac.
- Failures or damage due to normal wear and tear, accident, misuse, abuse, neglect, incorrect installation, incorrect sizing, or rodent and/or insect infestation.
- Damage to any covered part(s) or consequential damages caused by the use of a non-Generac part will not be covered by this warranty
- Products modified or altered in a manner not authorized by Generac in writing.
- A Generac approved transfer switch is highly recommended to be used in conjunction with the generator. If a Non-Generac approved transfer switch is substituted for use and directly causes damage to the generator, no warranty coverage shall apply.
- Starting batteries, fuses, light bulbs, engine fluids, and any related labour.
- Units sold, rated, or used for "Prime Power", "Trailer Mounted", or "Rental Unit" applications as defined by Generac.
- Generac Portable, CorePower, or EcoGen and Synergy generators.
- Repairs or diagnostics performed by individuals other than an IASD not authorized in writing by Generac.
- Failures caused by any act of God or external cause including without limitation; fire, theft, freezing, war, lightning, earthquake, windstorm, hail, water, tornado, hurricane, or any other matters which are reasonably beyond the manufacturer's control.
- Any generator built/manufactured prior to 2014.
- Overtime, holiday, or emergency labour.
- Living or travel expenses of person(s) performing service, except as specifically included within the terms of a specific generator warranty period.
THIS WARRANTY SUPERSEDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. SPECIFICALLY, GENERAC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES WHICH ARE ALLOWED BY LAW, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE TERMS OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. PURCHASER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND GENERAC'S ONLY LIABILITY SHALL BE THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF PART(S) AS STATED ABOVE. IN NO EVENT SHALL GENERAC BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES ARE A DIRECT RESULT OF GENERAC'S NEGLIGENCE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
FOR AUSTRALIA ONLY: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
FOR NEW ZEALAND ONLY: Nothing in this warranty statement excludes, restricts or modifies any condition, warranty right or remedy which pursuant to the New Zealand Legislation (Commonwealth or State) including the Fair Trading Practices Act of 1986 or the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 ("CGA") applies to this limited warranty and may not be so excluded, restricted or modified. Nothing in this statement is intended to have the effect of contracting out of the provisions of the CGA, except to the extent permitted by that Act, and these terms are to be modified to the extent necessary to give effect to that intention. If you acquire goods from Generac Power Systems or any of its authorized resellers and distributors for the purposes of a business, then pursuant to section 43(2) of the CGA, it is agreed that the provisions of the CGA do not apply.
GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS, INC. • P.O. BOX 8 • Waukesha, WI, USA 53187
Ph: (888) GENERAC (436-3722) - Fax: (262) 544-4851
To locate the nearest Independent Authorized Service Dealer and to download schematics, exploded views and parts lists visit our website: www.generac.com