Terms & Conditions
Select the plan below to view the applicable Terms & Conditions.
USA Terms & Conditions
- 1) 5 Year Power Plan - Residential and Commercial Standby Generators (PDF)
- 2) 7 Year Power Plan - Residential and Commercial Standby Generators (PDF)
- 3) 10 Year Power Plan - Residential and Commercial Standby Generators (PDF)
- 4) 5 Year Power Plan - Portable Generators Below 7500W (PDF)
- 5) 5 Year Power Plan - Portable Generators 7500W+ (PDF)
- 6) 5 Year Power Plan - Power Washers (PDF)
Canada Terms & Conditions
- 1) 10 Year Power Plan - CANADA - Residential and Commercial Standby Generators (PDF)
- 2) 7 Year Power Plan - CANADA - Residential and Commercial Standby Generators (PDF)
Generac Power Systems 5 Year Limited Warranty Extension for Portable Generators Below 7500W
Generac and purchaser hereby amend ("Amendment") the term of the original warranty for the generator ("Original Warranty") from the term originally stated in the Original Warranty to a term of five (5) years or two-thousand (2,000) hours ("Term Extension"), whichever occurs first. If purchaser's Original Warranty had already expired, this Amendment revives the Original Warranty and replaces its term with the Term Extension. This Amendment also amends warranty coverage in the Original Warranty to the coverage listed below from years 1-5 ("Coverage Extension"). The Coverage Extension shall not retroactively apply to cover any warranty work performed before the date of the Amendment. For clarity purposes only, the amended warranty is stated below in full.
For the period of warranty noted below and beginning (or began, whichever applicable) upon the successful registration of the unit*, Generac Power Systems, Inc. (Generac) warrants that its Generator will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the items and period set forth below. Generac will, at its discretion, repair or replace any part(s) which, upon evaluation, inspection and testing by Generac or an Independent Authorized Service Dealer, is found to be defective. Any equipment that the purchaser/owner claims to be defective must be evaluated by the nearest Independent Authorized Service Dealer. Emissions warranty coverage, if applicable, is detailed in a separate emissions warranty statement. *If not registered within 6 months of purchase, the warranty term will begin on the date of the purchase.
|Warranty Coverage in Year(s) (1-5)||Parts and Labor|
|Territory1||USA, USA Territories, and Canada**|
- Unit must be registered or have proof of purchase available.
- Any and all warranty repairs and/or concerns must be performed and/or addressed by an Independent Authorized Service Dealer, or branch thereof. Repairs or diagnostics performed by individuals other than Independent Authorized Service Dealers not authorized in writing by Generac will not be covered.
- This warranty is non-transferable from the original owner.
- Generac may choose to repair, replace, or refund a piece of equipment in its sole discretion.
- Damage that occurs after receipt of generator, not caused by defects in materials or workmanship, is the responsibility of the owner and is not covered by this warranty.
- Damage to any covered components or consequential damages caused by the use of non-OEM parts will not be covered by the warranty.
- Proof of performance of all required maintenance must be available.
- For the purpose of this warranty "consumer usage" means personal household or recreational use.
The following will NOT be covered by this warranty:
- Costs of normal maintenance (i.e. tune-ups, associated part(s), adjustments, loose/leaking clamps, installation and start-up). Pickup or delivery of unit charges.
- Damage to the generator and/or transfer switch system caused by accidents, shipping, handling, or improper storage.
- Damage/failures caused by operation with improper fuels, speeds, loads or installations other than what's recommended or specified by Generac.
- Damage to the generator due to use of non-Generac parts and/ or equipment, contaminated fuels, or oils.
- Failures due to normal wear and tear, accident, misuse, abuse, neglect, improper installation, improper sizing, reptile, rodent and/or insect infestation.
- Rental equipment used while warranty repairs are being performed and/or any extraordinary equipment used for removal and/or reinstallation of generator (i.e. cranes, hoists, lifts, etc.).
- Products that are modified or altered in a manner not authorized by Generac in writing.
- Starting batteries, fuses, light bulbs, engine fluids and any related labor.
- Steel components that rust as a result of improper installation, location in a harsh or salt water environment, or are scratched where the integrity of applied paint is compromised.
- Units sold, rated or used for "Trailer Mounted" or "Rental Unit" applications as defined by Generac. Contact an Independent Authorized Service Dealer for definitions.
- Shipping costs associated with expedited freight.
- Additional costs for overtime, holiday or emergency labor costs for repairs outside normal business hours.
- Any incidental, consequential or indirect damages caused by defects in materials or workmanship, or any delay in repair or replacement of the defective part(s).
- Failures caused by any act of God or external cause including without limitation, fire, theft, freezing, war, lightning, earthquake, windstorm, hail, water, tornado, hurricane, or any other matters which are reasonably beyond the manufacturer's control.
THIS WARRANTY SUPERSEDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. SPECIFICALLY, GENERAC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES WHICH ARE ALLOWED BY LAW, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE TERMS OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. PURCHASER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND GENERAC'S ONLY LIABILITY SHALL BE THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF PART(S) AS STATED ABOVE. IN NO EVENT SHALL GENERAC BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES ARE A DIRECT RESULT OF GENERAC'S NEGLIGENCE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS, INC. P.O. BOX 8 Waukesha, WI, USA 53187
Ph: (888) GENERAC (436-3722) Fax: (262) 544-4851
To locate the nearest Independent Authorized Service Dealer and to download schematics, exploded views and parts lists visit our website: www.generac.com