Terms & Conditions
Select the plan below to view the applicable Terms & Conditions.
USA Terms & Conditions
- 1) 5 Year Power Plan - Residential and Commercial Standby Generators (PDF)
- 2) 7 Year Power Plan - Residential and Commercial Standby Generators (PDF)
- 3) 10 Year Power Plan - Residential and Commercial Standby Generators (PDF)
- 4) 5 Year Power Plan - Portable Generators Below 7500W (PDF)
- 5) 5 Year Power Plan - Portable Generators 7500W+ (PDF)
- 6) 5 Year Power Plan - Power Washers (PDF)
Canada Terms & Conditions
- 1) 10 Year Power Plan - CANADA - Residential and Commercial Standby Generators (PDF)
- 2) 7 Year Power Plan - CANADA - Residential and Commercial Standby Generators (PDF)
Generac Power Systems 5 Year (5C) Limited Warranty Extension for Residential and Commercial Standby Generators
Generac and purchaser hereby amend ("Amendment") the term of the original warranty for the generator ("Original Warranty") from the term originally stated in the Original Warranty to a term of five (5) years or two-thousand (2,000) hours ("Term Extension"), whichever occurs first. If purchaser's Original Warranty had already expired, this Amendment revives the Original Warranty and replaces its term with the Term Extension. This Amendment also amends warranty coverage in the Original Warranty to the coverage listed below from years 1-5 ("Coverage Extension"). The Coverage Extension shall not retroactively apply to cover any warranty work performed before the date of the Amendment. For clarity purposes only, the amended warranty is stated below in full.
For the period of warranty noted below, which begins (or began, whichever applicable) upon the successful start-up and/or on-line activation of the unit, Generac Power Systems, Inc. (Generac) warrants that its Generator will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the items and period set forth below. Generac will, at its discretion, repair or replace any part(s) which, upon evaluation, inspection and testing by Generac or an Independent Authorized Service Dealer, is found to be defective. Any equipment that the purchaser/owner claims to be defective must be evaluated by the nearest Independent Authorized Service Dealer. Emissions components are excluded from coverage under this extended warranty. Emissions warranty coverage is detailed in a separate emissions warranty.
Warranty Coverage: Warranty coverage period is for Five (5) years or two-thousand (2,000) hours, whichever occurs first.
- Unit must be registered and proof of purchase available.
- Any and all warranty repairs and/or concerns must be performed and/or addressed by an Independent Authorized Service Dealer, or branch thereof. Repairs or diagnostics performed by individuals other than Independent Authorized Service Dealers, not authorized in writing by Generac, will not be covered.
- Warranty is transferable between ownership of original installation site only.
- Generac may choose to repair, replace or refund a piece of equipment in its sole discretion.
- Damage to any covered components or consequential damages caused by the use of a non-OEM part will not be covered by the warranty.
- Warranty only applies to permanently wired and mounted units.
- Proof of performance of all required maintenance must be avail-able.
- Steel enclosures are warranted against corrosion for the first year of ownership only. Damage caused after receipt of generator is the responsibility of the owner and is not covered by this warranty. Nicks, scrapes, dents or scratches to the painted enclosure should be repaired promptly by the owner. Corrosion caused by location in a harsh or saltwater environment is not covered.
- Travel allowance is limited to 100 miles maximum and three (3) hours maximum (per occurrence, whichever is less) round trip from the nearest Independent Authorized Service Dealer. Any additional travel required will not be covered.
- Engines, driven components and fuel tanks used in Generac's standby power products system can carry a separate manufacturer's (OEM) warranty (the "OEM Warranties"), unless otherwise expressly stated. OEM Warranties are in addition to this Warranty. All warranty claims for defects in material and/or workmanship on Generac product OEM components, may be directed through the OEM distributor/dealer network. OEM Warranties may vary and are subject to change. Generac shall have no liability under OEM warranties.
The following will NOT be covered by this warranty:
- Costs of normal maintenance (i.e. tune-ups, associated part(s), adjustments, loose/leaking clamps, installation and start-up).
- Damage to the generator and/or transfer switch system caused by accidents, shipping, handling or improper storage.
- Damage/failures caused by operation with improper/contaminated fuels, speeds, loads or installations other than what’s recommended or specified by Generac. Unauthorized modification/ misapplication will not be covered by this warranty.
- Rental equipment used while warranty repairs are being performed and/or any extraordinary equipment used for removal and/or reinstallation of generator (i.e. cranes, hoists, lifts, etc.).
- Planes, ferries, railroad, buses, helicopters, snowmobiles, snowcats, off-road vehicles or any other mode of transport deemed not standard by Generac.
- Failures due to normal wear and tear, accident, misuse, abuse, neglect, improper installation, improper sizing, or rodent and/or insect infestation.
- Damage to any covered components or consequential damages caused by the use of a non-OEM part will not be covered by this warranty.
- Products that are modified or altered in a manor not authorized by Generac in writing.
- Damage related to rodent and/or insect infestation.
- A Generac approved Transfer Switch is highly recommended to be used in conjunction with the generator set. If a Non-Generac approved Transfer Switch is substituted for use and directly causes damage to the generator set, no warranty coverage shall apply.
- Starting batteries, fuses, light bulbs, engine fluids and any related labor.
- Units sold, rated or used for "Prime Power", "Trailer Mounted" or "Rental Unit" applications as defined by Generac. Contact an Independent Authorized Service Dealer for definitions.
- Generac Portable, CorePower, or EcoGen generators.
- Repairs or diagnostics performed by individuals other than Independent Authorized Service Dealers not authorized in writing by Generac.
- Failures caused by any act of God or external cause including without limitation, fire, theft, freezing, war, lightning, earthquake, windstorm, hail, water, tornado, hurricane, or any other matters which are reasonably beyond the manufacturer’s control.
- Any unit built/manufactured prior to 2014 models.
- Overtime, holiday or emergency labor.
- Living or travel expenses of person(s) performing service, except as specifically included within the terms of a specific unit warranty period.
THIS WARRANTY SUPERSEDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. SPECIFICALLY, GENERAC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES WHICH ARE ALLOWED BY LAW, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE TERMS OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. PURCHASER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND GENERAC'S ONLY LIABILITY SHALL BE THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF PART(S) AS STATED ABOVE. IN NO EVENT SHALL GENERAC BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES ARE A DIRECT RESULT OF GENERAC’S NEGLIGENCE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
FOR AUSTRALIA ONLY: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. FOR NEW ZEALAND ONLY: Nothing in this warranty statement excludes, restricts or modifies any condition, warranty right or remedy which pursuant to the New Zealand Legislation (Commonwealth or State) including the Fair Trading Practices Act of 1986 or the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 ("CGA") applies to this limited warranty and may not be so excluded, restricted or modified. Nothing in this statement is intended to have the effect of contracting out of the provisions of the CGA, except to the extent permitted by that Act, and these terms are to be modified to the extent necessary to give effect to that intention. If you acquire goods from Generac Power Systems or any of its authorized resellers and distributors for the purposes of a business, then pursuant to section 43(2) of the CGA, it is agreed that the provisions of the CGA do not apply.
GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS, INC. - P.O. BOX 8 - Waukesha, WI, USA 53187
Ph: (888) GENERAC (436-3722) - Fax: (262) 544-4851
To locate the nearest Independent Authorized Service Dealer and to download schematics, exploded views and parts lists visit our website: www.generac.com